Life Lately: Life During Pandemic 2021

by - Sunday, January 17, 2021

Hi readers! How are you?  It's been more than a year since I got hold of my blog and I was itching to get back and share my thoughts with you. I super missed blogging and I owe you big time for not updating for months. Since my last blog last 2019 so much happened and work really got in my way. Work occupied most, well not most, almost all of my time that leisure was not an option. And since it was also draining, I tried to sleep on whatever spare time I had. 


Anyways, so much for that reasoning. Well since it's a brand new year, I suddenly felt that why don't I get back into writing and sharing my ideas thru this blog. So MUCH happened not only in my life but to the world. January, the Philippines was shocked because of Taal Volcano eruption, which was the first reason why people bought face masks - to protect their lungs from  the ashes. Then, there came the news about the corona virus spreading in China. I'm not really sure when was the exact time it entered the Philippines and the virus was labeled as COVID-19. Then quickly, March 17, 2020 Metro Manila was put on a lock down.  April and May we went on a Lock down too which was really scary because streets were so quiet, prime commodities were running out, alcohol and face mask price soared high and COVID-19 positives increases every day. While that was happening in our country, news spread all over the world and we found out that Italy and America were greatly affected that the virus reached the level of a "pandemic."

This pandemic killed millions of human lives and up until now, 12 months after, the virus generated a new strain which spread quickly in the United Kingdom. Philippines once again let that new strain came in. Thinking about it makes me paranoid..would there be another lock down..would alcohol and face masks ran out again..how many lives will be killed again...but that was me. 

If you will be observing outside nowadays, people were letting guards down. Most people are not even wearing face shields on crowded areas. Some even pull their face masks down while chit-chatting. This carelessness might be the death of us all. 

Aside from this pandemic, strong typhoons also hit the country, there were also fire and news was getting worst day by day. But I hope this situation won't led us to massive mental health problems in the future. There are vaccines being tested worldwide to give us the immunity but what will keep us safe is being mindful of not only our own safety but also everyone's safety. If we keep this "indifferent" attitude it won't be long that our country would experience what big countries are experiencing now - bigger number of deaths. But above all, we must trust in God, Our Savior. We must continue to pray that this situation will be over soon and that he would protect us, our family, our country, our world. 

What I learned from 2020 is that I must not only be thinking of my safety but also of others. So what if I hoard alcohols if others can't use any, the virus will still spread. If others are wearing face mask and I'm complaining about wearing one, still the virus will spread. What I'm trying to say is that it is a team effort. We cannot beat this virus alone. We must think and care for others too. Secondly, I realized that savings is really important. If haven't safekeep some extra money before the lock down how would we survive? Third, after the lock down and companies re-opened I was scared but I have to be mentally strong to earn money again. I realized that safety is important but my job is also important. If WFH is not possible then be brave enough to go out and work for my family. Fourth, don't rely on what the government can give us. We have to help ourselves too. Fifth, gratitude. Being thankful of what we have and that our family was safe and no one got sick at this time. Remember these are trying times and that with God's grace we will survive this together.

What have you learned this pandemic? Share it with me below. 

You May Also Like

0 check comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...