DIY: Polka dots shorts

by - Friday, May 10, 2013

It's Summer still so why don't you grab your old jeans and scissors and make a cute short to brag about.


 I made my do-it-yourself polka dots shorts before our Iloilo escapade so I thought I'd post it first before my blog about our trip.

Polka dots shorts are IN and without further ado, here's a quick DIY for summer!

What you need:
Old jeans
Scissors
Fabric Paint Pens (I used Leeho Fabric Paint Pens which you can purchase on any National Bookstore here in the Philippines)




How To:

1. Lay down your old pants and mark the area where you wanna cut 'em.

2. Cut the pants carefully okay. Whola! You just had a new short! But wait...



3. Grab your fabric paints and start painting your cut jeans. I started to make a line of dots on the top and follow them with dots in between. The size of dots would be up to you. You can make them bigger or smaller. Just alternate them so the dots would not go anywhere. Complete the front and the back area.

More Creativity Tip:
Instead of painting dots on the whole back of the shorts why don't you just put the dots on the back pockets to make it more cute.

4. Lastly, let the paint dry. This may take an hour so don't get too excited by rubbing your fingers on the dots. Remember patience is a virtue too.





And finally the fruit of your labor and creativeness....tada!! Your very own polka dots shorts. Easy right?


Make your own and tell me how it went. Leave a comment below or follow me.


Linked this up to:


Skip To My LouKeeping It Simple

 Boogieboard CottagePIN MEme

You May Also Like

4 check comments here

  1. Super cute! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like your website it's clean and your articles are informative. this is not a generic comment, I read your post.. your very in crafting things like this one Polka dots shorts. I like the pink dots :) Pinoy Social Networking site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable! My daughter would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how much is that in national bookstore?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...