Crochet Headset Ear Cover

by - Monday, February 18, 2013


Hi guys! How's your day? 

I'm currently doing a research on Law Schools here in the Philippines. As I said on my About me section, I really want to take Law because my parents want me to. And I just had the motivation to finally take the Law Entrance exam this March. Wish me luck guys!

Aside from that, I've been busy with my three crochet projects last week and today I'm going to show you my first crochet project for the week. Here's my Crochet Headset Ear Cover Pattern. It's an unintentional one because I just happened to notice that our headset looked broken while I was about to upload some pictures of my ongoing 2nd crochet project. And it went well.


Having a pair of headset at home is a must when you have your own computer or maybe a music player or an ipod right? But because it was used so often it breaks easily or the foam that protects the ears tears apart in no time.


Just like ours. Its really irritating when this happens and all you can do is to buy a new one. 


But it came upon me. Why don't I crochet an ear cover since I know how to crochet. Crochet threads are as soft as the foam plus it has its classy and creative style into it. And most importantly, it is more durable and would last longer than the original foam cover. 




Here's the pattern:

Make a magic circle.
Then, make 12 half double crochets into the circle, slip stitch to first hdc and pull the thread outwards.
2nd row: chain 2, Make 2 hdc on every stitch spaces. slip stitch to the first one.
3rd row: chain2, *1 hcd to the first stitch, 2 hdc on the next, 1 hdc on the next two stitch and repeat the *, slip stitch.
4th row: chain 3, make 1 triple crochet on each hdc, slip stitch. 
5th row: (work only on back loops) chain 2, 1 hdc on each stitches, slip stitch.
6th row: chain 2, *skip 1 st, 1 hdc on next, skip nxt st, repeat *, slip stitch.
7th row: (notice that the cover is now forming and decreasing in diameter) chain 1,*sc on next 2 st, skip 1, sc on next 2 st, skip 1 st, repeat * slip st. lock in excess thread and cut.

Done! Now, replace you old ear cover with your newly made Crochet Headset Ear Cover!




Check out this cool parties:
    Shaken Together 




Happy with your new Headset Ear Cover!




You May Also Like

6 check comments here

  1. Cool idea! My friends tease me that if it can be crocheted, I will do it... I don't think I have any headphones like that, but if I did, I'd be very tempted to make a set.

    I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very nice. perfect for my new headphone. i recently brought one from ava.ph they are giving away discount.http://ava.ph/shops/173-house-of-marley-headphones.html?type=#sthash.K553A0HH.dpbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, what crochet hook is used for this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. creativity with daily life object is so cool..
    thanks for sharing..
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i have thrown away many of them just because of they torn apart!!
    great job.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...