Life Lately: October 2018

by - Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October is about to end tomorrow and we only have about 56 days to go before Christmas. Aren't you excited?

Well, how are you all doing? I hope you are having a good month so far. It was raining outside and I had the mood to update my blog this afternoon so, here I am. By the way, I'd like to thank all of you guys who are continuously reading my blog and checking out my updates. I love you guys! Thank you for supporting a personal/DIY blog like mine. 

This is just a quick update that I wanted to share. I know last month was not so good. You can check out my blog post last September here. Because of all the worries I had, I failed to appreciate the positive things that's happening that time. But now, I think October is way better. Unluckily, I am still spending more time at home. I was not able to take the Licensure exam for Psychometrician (which was happening today) because I still lack a lot of requirements. Then, I also failed to take the Comprehensive exam that we had at the Graduate school to qualify for Thesis writing because I also lack a few requirements in which I was not informed were needed. I tried to process them but it's too late. Up until now, one of my requirements is still on-process at our University so I guessed this is not really the time for taking exams.

But the good thing is, we have consulted to a Pulmonologist around the end of the 1st week of September and he said that I should have stopped taking the medications because my lungs are already cleared and recovered. That means I am now free of the disease and can now go back to working! I was so happy that day! Finally I can stop the medications and go back to normal life. I thank God for answering my prayers, so I promised to live a healthier lifestyle from now on. 

And to do that, I started to build small habits to take care of myself. I started tracking out my water intake to make sure I drink enough 8-9 glasses of water a day. Because I was lacking on that when I was sick. 


(Glass Bottle available at 2358 Korean Store located at Farmer's Plaza, Cubao)

I was also doing a 5-15 minutes meditation from time to time to focus myself on the present and forget regretting the past and worrying for the future. This is one of the mistakes I did last month that made me feel so down. With meditating, I have a time to reflect on what's happening within me and be at peace for a few minutes. I do enjoy the calmness it brings me and helps me make it through the day. 

Plus, I went into a 5 days social media detox which continued for another 2 weeks because our internet connection was broken too. So, I was able to escape all the comparison, negativity and pressure that social media brings me. It was a blessing in disguise that we have no internet for a few days because we were able to sleep early and think clearly without bothering what's happening on the web. If you want to know more about the social media detox I did check it out on my other blog here!

I also celebrated my birthday this month and I am so happy that I was able to reach this age. A time to be a real adult now. I am so grateful for all the things that happened to me, may it be good or bad and all the people that I met while I was journeying on my life. I had a simple birthday celebration with my family. I guess celebrations becomes fewer when you are getting older. Haha!


(Small celebration of my birthday)

This month, I was also into reading books. I finished reading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan in 3 days. It was a good read. It was my first time to read a novel involving Asians so it's really nice. I love how Kevin narrates and describes the lifestyle of the characters. But the ending is such a tease. I have to buy the next book. I super enjoyed the whole book. You have to read it too! Aside from that, I was also into Wattpad stories the past few days (I know it's kinda late and most of the good novels on Wattpad are already published but the stories I have read are really worth reading). I've read romance, chicklit stories like Just Friends, A Room for my Pretend, A Blind Date, Blown by the Wind and Psycho. 


I also watched a few movies like Midnight Sun which is a must-watch for romance lovers; Me Again which is an eye-opener; and Hereditary which is a combination of horror and psycho thriller. 

(Patrick Schwarzenegger is so gorgeous in this film!)

I also get to maintain an organized wardrobe this month. I am not a person who loves seeing clothes hanging in order but I made it a point this month to deal with my clothes, arrange and organize them and actually maintain a neat drawer the whole month. I am happy to finally put them in order and keep all the clothes that I do not usually wear to save up some space. 

I also started looking out for a new job and when I have free time I do watercolor painting. I love painting because it made my mind wander on other things aside from things that I worry about. It is relaxing and therapeutic as well. I made a few works lately. 




Inspired by an artwork I saw on Instagram by @makayla_made


They are quite simple but it's what I can do so I'm happy with them. I am planning to make more mini paintings like these for Christmas. I'll be using them on another Watercolor DIY so stay tuned for that in a few days. 

And that's basically what happened the past few days of October. Of course, I was doing my daily activities but what I mentioned above are some of the highlights I had this month. October has been my happy month not only because it was my birth month but because I appreciated all the blessings that God has given me. I focused more on the good things that's happening and that is what's more important. If you keep dwelling on the negative things your days will all be gloomy so stop doing that girl! Cheer up!






You May Also Like

1 check comments here

  1. Howdy, I’m Jhon. I’m a designer living in California, MD. I am a fan of technology, web development, and football. I’m also interested in swimming and dogs. Blogging Kaise Kare| Earn money online.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...