Life Lately: January 2019

by - Saturday, February 09, 2019

We are about halfway February! It's the 40th day of 2019. Why so quick?
The past two months passed by so fast that I wasn't even able to open my blog. I was caught up with my new job and the gatherings that took place last December. But this afternoon, I was inspired to make a post after watching Lavendaire's latest video. If you do not know her, she's one of my favorite YouTubers that I really look up to. So, this is what happened lately.

I got my student driver's license last November and planned to start my driving lessons with my dad when a good news came in. I got hired on a furniture retail company as an HR Officer and I started on the first week of December. Just in time, because I was honestly on the point where I do not know where to get money (of course I don't want to ask from my parents). So, I grabbed the opportunity because when I was interviewed I fell in love with the nature of business that the Company has. They are offering beautiful designer pieces furniture which is one of my interests. I am into interior design since I was high school and it's one of my childhood dreams (which I gave up because of my Mathematical abilities). Anyway, I am now on my second month and I could say that I have learned a lot. My previous company is way different from my new employer and I am happy because I will be able to expand my experiences on the HR field. 

Then, this January, dad started teaching me the basics of driving. I am nervous and happy because I was able to drive our van within an industrial street. I got to drive it on my own for a few rounds. Hopefully, I could overcome the fear and train my self to be alert to look at the different mirrors to guide me. 

My goal this 2019 is to learn how to drive and be able to pass the practical driving that LTO has to renew my license into a non-pro level. 


So starting December until present, I was really occupied with work. As you know being an HR is not as easy as people see it. It is being of service to your employer and to the employees 24/7. But I feel motivated because I get to experience new things like visiting Showrooms on my own, making a strategy map, sticking to KPIs and how is it working with a Chinese employer, etc. I am also lucky to meet new people at work which opens up new doors for me as well.  I hope everything will go well. 

How about you guys? 

You May Also Like

0 check comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...