Experience Ajuy, Iloilo

by - Sunday, May 13, 2018

Hey guys!

As promised, here are the random pictures I took while traveling to Ajuy, Iloilo through RoRo.

As you have seen on my previous video post, it took us more or less than twenty seven hours to get there following this route after crossing Mindoro to Panay Island. However, we got lost somewhere in Dumarao, Capiz and had followed the old route that we had instead. So, we had consumed too much time rather than the 4 hour and 44 mins route that Google had suggested. If we were not lost, we might have reached Iloilo in 22-24 hours.




 
We also spent 3 long hours in queue just to pay the fair at Batangas Port due to lack of good system and precise directions and signages for passengers inside the port. 



But luckily the water travel was good. The barges/ships that we rode were clean, organized and not too crowded. We enjoyed the waves, the sound of the ocean breeze and most especially the view. Thanks to Starlight!

This is what I loved about traveling through RoRo, you will have lots of sights to see and experience. You'll also have ample time to bond with your family. Isn't that great?






 
The ocean is so wide and blue, it calls me... Haha!
 


 
It is so peaceful and calming. Kahit sobrang hangin, I was relaxed by the sound of the waves and the hot summer breeze.


 


 
We had a great time at Pili, Ajuy, Iloilo, the place where my dad grew up. We ate a lot of fresh sea foods like scallops, bay-ad and duwal. It was actually my first time to see and eat duwal and it tastes like tahong and pusit. We also celebrated the barrio fiesta and my youngest sister's thanksgiving for passing the board exam. My dad bought a kambing as the main course. And all the menu that my uncles prepared are good. My dad had a great time bonding with his long-time-no-see relatives.
 

 
 
We also had the chance to visit the newly built Catholic Church in Ajuy town proper. The Church feels so bright, safe and peaceful. Unluckily, we did not made it to the Sunday Mass.
 



I have also seen a real sheep for the first time. There's actually two of them that was taken care of inside the Church's premises. 


Then, we also squeezed in a few hours by the beach so every one could relax and breathe in some fresh air. We brought our grandparents too, so they can also see the beach. We went to Alta Marr Beach Resort, a few meters away from my grandparents' house.


 
The place is simple, clean and refreshing. Cottage rentals are also cheap for day tour but I am not sure if they allow night/over night tour too.



 
Me, while feeling so blessed to have this time with my family and relatives. After 3 years, this was the only time I really got to enjoy the summer. Last year we also went to Iloilo for 2 weeks but I was not able to enjoy because my mind is still at work even though I was far away.
 
 
Then, we managed to witness the harvest process at my granddad's farm or uma. It is so cool. Now, I know kung gaano kahirap ang buhay ng mga magsasaka. Ibinuhos nila ang panahon at pagod nila para maka-ani ngunit sila pa ang may pinaka kakaunting kinikita sa bentahan ng bigas sa merkado. I salute my lolo for still pursuing farming and rice planting. Because of his hard work, he was able to provide for his big family and let all his children finish college and we never have to worry about rice.




 
While exploring my lolo's uma, I was surprised by this unusual insect. It was like a flower petal. It has a shade of yellow green but mostly white. I do not know if this is a butterfly or what. But it's pretty. Another first!
 
 
We also dined at Windy Willows, a small café on top of a hill located in Ajuy. The way up to the hill is really tiring (vehicles are not allowed to go up because of the very steep pathway) but you will be surprised with the breath-taking view when you reach the top. You'll get to see the small islands near Ajuy and the beautiful ocean.

 
Last year, we went there for lunch. This 2018, we went there for merienda and we are lucky to see the sunset. It's soooooooo beautiful!

 
If they will allow me to stay there, I'll be happy not to leave the place. We are surrounded by trees and birds humming. The place is so quiet, it soothes my brain. The food is good too. If you want a different ambiance before eating lunch or to relax and eat before the sun set, Windy Willows is the place to be.
 
I hope you have enjoyed looking through my random photos. It was taken via a Firefly Intense Power phone. I will be cherishing this memories. And I thank God for protecting and keeping us safe while we crossed the provinces of Batangas, Mindoro, Aklan, Capiz and Iloilo back and forth.
 
RoRo Experience
 
We have travelled the RoRo way several times because we find it more convenient when you have too many luggage to bring and if you want to bring a vehicle. RoRo has 2 options. First, if like to bring your own vehicle like us, you have to pay for the vehicles' fee and the passengers' fare, don't worry your driver is free. You will also need to pay for terminal and arastre fees at the ports. The second option is to ride the RoRo buses. You will just pay the passenger fare and the transport company will do the rest. The bus trip takes around 23 hrs while the Private vehicle trip depends on the driving speed of your driver, in which on our case took us 27 hours.  
 
Advantages of traveling the RoRo way:
- Cheaper than plane fare
- You can bring as many things as you wish as long as it fits your car
- You'll get to cross provinces via land and water transport
- You'll experience nature more as you zigzag your way to the next mountain you have to traverse
- More bonding time for the family
 
Things to consider if you want to travel through RoRo:
- Know the directions and review the map
- Make sure to prepare your vehicle for the looooonnnnggg ride
- Your driver is always the top priority, because your safety is up to him
- Bring packed food while traveling
 
And that is how we spent our summer at the barrio. I still have some pictures to post for my next blog. Have you seen Ajuy, Iloilo too? Kindly share your story with me! Leave some comments below.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

You May Also Like

0 check comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...