Watching movies

by - Tuesday, June 12, 2018

I've been watching movies the whole week of June since I am stucked inside the house due to my health condition. I've been dreaming of spending afternoons like this, in front of the TV or my laptop and just watch movies that I missed to watch because of heavy work loads and now it happened!

I know most of you have already watched these films but let me share it for those who are still meaning to watch it this 2018. I'll just give them short reviews and a bit of a teaser. 

A Bug's Life 😃😃😃

A Bug's Life is a 1998 computer-animated film. I don't know about this movie until I stumbled upon it. It's a cute movie I must say. And I kinda relate with them because once in my childhood I have played as an Ant on a school play. Since then, I am always fascinated with ants. This film made me even more amazed with their existence. They are really the best depiction of unity, cooperation, determination and bravery. I must say children nowadays should watch this movie. It leaves me thinking that we should believe in ourselves, do not let the opinion of others bring us down. Prove to them that we can do it!

Lines I loved:

"Together, even the smallest can achieve the greatest goal." -- A Bug's Life

"You might not feel like you can do much now. But that's just because you're not a tree yet. You just have to give yourself sometime. You're still a seed." -- A Bug's Life 




Meet Me In St. Gallen  💜💜💜💜

This is a local rom-com movie released last February 2018. This is the 2nd local rom-com movie I watched after "Kita Kita" just recently. I loved how brave the characters were, to make an actual conversation with a stranger. Karamihan kasi sa mga Filipino mailap at mapanghusga kaya hndi agad agad makikipag-usap sa hindi nila kakilala. But I've been wanting to do that too. Kasi you would not know that that stranger na lagi mong nakakasalubong sa daan, nakakasabay sa UV or nakakatabi sa bus could change your life with just a single conversation. This movie tells a fresh kind of love story. It made me realize that in life or in love you have to take risks to answer the 'what ifs.' Speak out your heart before it's too late.

Lines I loved:

"Magkaiba ang malungkot sa mag-isa." - Celeste, Meet Me In St. Gallen

"Alam mo ang 'what ifs' isa yan sa pinakamahirap na tanong kasi maraming variables, maraming factors unless may parallel universe." - Jesse, Meet Me In St. Gallen



Every Day 💜💜💜

Every Day is also a 2018 movie. It is an American romantic fantasy drama based on the novel, "Every Day" by David Levithan. I was quite confused with the movie at the beginning because I haven't read the book. As I understand it the main characters in the film are different from each other. But love made its way.  This film shows that love does not see what is outside, it sees what is inside. So, it doesn't matter what he/she looks like as long as you love the person, you'll do anything to be with them. However, at the end of the film they came to realize that they are different and the fact that every day is different is setting them apart.  I was hopeful but I did not get the ending that I want. So sad. 

Lines I loved:

"I wake up thinking of yesterday. The joy is in remembering; the pain is in knowing that it was yesterday." - David Levithan, Every Day

"When first love ends, most people eventually know that there will be more to come. They are not through with love. Love is not through with them. It will never be the same as the first. But it will be better in different ways." - David Levithan, Every Day


The Commuter 👊👊👊

Liam Neeson is one of my favorite action stars. He had the lead role in this movie called The Commuter which was released also early this year. This is an action thriller movie that made me realize that our parents are right when they instructed us not to talk to strangers ever when we were young. The movie is about a setup which the lead character accidentally fell into and was forced to continue when he realized that his family's life is at stake. The plot revolves around the question "what kind of person are you?" If I will be on the shoes of the lead character I would not listen to the woman, she's a complete stranger and I was on hurry going back home, I have no time. I would not be brave and noble enough to even try to look for the money that she promises. Because I have a choice in the first place...to follow her or not. I'd rather not involve myself in that kind of situation. I could say that the climax of the film is in the middle part because at the end of the movie I lost track of the plot. The background of the witness was not emphasized and there is a mysterious character that was not emphasized in the movie too. Could there be a part 2?

I was reminded to:

👮 Be observant and vigilant when you are commuting
👮 Not to talk or entertain strangers easily
👮 Think that in difficult times, desperation could change a person



Everything, Everything 💜💜💜

This movie hit the screen last 2017, an American romantic drama about a girl with SICD and her neighbor whom she fell in love with and how their love will bring them together despite of the girl's illness. This is based on the novel, Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. Despite of not  being able to read the book I was able to understand the film in itself. However, I was disappointed because I thought the ending would be a dramatic one since she had a serious illness but it turned out different. I thought it was about fighting your illness and finding happiness no matter what chronic or serious condition you were in. But at the end of the story, it was about a mother's selfish love of her daughter which prevented her from experiencing the outside world like a normal teenager would have. The story started out really dramatic but the ending is more on the relaxed, teenage love side. So then, I just thought that life should go on, do not let your illness eat you up or cage you up. Experience life because we only have one shot at this. 

Line I loved:

"Maybe we can't predict everything, but we can predict some things." - Everything, Everything



Me Before You 💜💜💜💜

Me Before You was released last 2016, based on the book written by Jojo Moyes. Among the films I watched a few days ago, this movie has been romantic and so moving that I cried out when Will still pursued the decision he made before he met Louisa. This movie emphasized that if you truly love the person you will let him do whatever makes him happy, even if it means saying goodbye. And the fact that we only have one life to live so we better make the most of it (isn't this line a Bruno Mars song? ahaha!). Its just sad that Will left though he left a message for Lu to live well, but I am happy because even though he left Louisa still have him in her heart while she's chasing her dreams. I so love this film that I might buy the book too.

Lines I loved:

"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible." - Me Before You

"Live boldly. Push yourself. Don't settle. Just live well." - Me Before You

"I would never ever regret the things that I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to." - Me Before You  



Aww I still can't get enough of Me Before You. I hope my brief reviews and teaser gave you an idea  how these movies turned out. I just watched A Quiet Place (which left my mouth zipped after watching it) while doing this blog post and is looking forward to continue watching Riverdale on Netflix too.

How about you guys? Have you watched these movies? Share your comment loves.


You May Also Like

0 check comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...