As I promised earlier, here is my first ever crochet pattern! I felt proud because at this point I realized that making your own pattern is not that difficult ( as for cellphone cozy ). Though it takes time to finish this project because everything was unplanned. But I would tell you even with the basics you could actually make your own version.
I called this cellphone cozy as the "wallflower cozy" in brown. With this wallflower cozy you could choose your own color and you could also adjust the size of your pattern. You could also change the position of the flower, either at the center, upper right, upper left or lower right or left. It's really up to you guys! And I only used the basic stitches so you would not have to shake your head and get confused with the stitches.
To begin with, you should opt to learn the basics of crochet first but if you know how to make chains and single crochets you could skip that. For the "wallflower cozy" we're going to use only single crochets throughout the entire pattern and do a little slip stitch for the border.
Here, I'm using a brown Monacco Crochet Thread for the body which is available here in the Philippines. And pink Monacco Crochet Thread for border and flower and some red Monacco
Crochet Thread. The hook size is 9.
Yarn or crochet thread
1. Using the color of yarn that you want we would be making the body first. Make 22 chains. Then start a single crochet on the 2nd chain from the hook then across to each chains and turn. You should have 21 single crochets after.
2. Then, chain 1 and make single crochets across all the chains you previously made. Repeat this step until you have a total of 56 rows in all. At the end of the last row fasten it off.
3. Now that you have the body, you have to fold the bottom part of the pattern to the top or until you reach the height that you desire. It should be at least 3/4 of the size your pattern.
4. Next, after folding the lower part you also have to fold the upper part. Be sure that your folds fit the size of your phone.
It should look like this...(only the brown part)
5. The next step is to attach the folds you made by using another color of yarn or thread. Start at the right side of your bottom fold with a slip stitch. Fasten the sides with single crochets around the pattern
6. After going around the pattern fasten it to the first single crochet you made with the border
7. The inside of your pattern should look like this after you fasten the sides.
8. At this point, you could now attach a flower using a needle. (Optional)
And that's it! Now you have your own cellphone cozy. It is really easy do-it-yourself project and it is also a great gift idea.
My phone perfectly fits in on its new cozy :)
This is where I joined parties!