DAY FIVE: D-I-Y RECYCLED RUBBER STAMP
Yep! It’s my fifth scrapbooking day and I was searching for ideas on how to add life and color to my scrapbook. And I found some old rubber mats at home and decided to use them with my scrapbooking. So, I’m turning those old rubber mats into a do-it-yourself recycled rubber stamp.
If you want to make your own here are the things you need:
- Old rubber mats (small pieces would be better)
- Cutter or small knife
- Poster color
1. Choose the size and shape of the rubber mat that you want to bring into play.
2. Then, draw on the design you like. I made a smiley on mine.
3. After that, start cutting out the excess rubber from your design.
4. Next, choose any color of poster color and put a small amount on a container, mix it with a few drops of water.
5. Finally, dip in the rubber mat on the mixture you had or get a brush and paint the upper part of the mat where you carved your design. And you had your very own do-it-yourself recycled rubber stamp. You can start making stamps on colored papers to add a quirky touch to your scrapbook.