Easy DIY Christmas Decors

by - Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hey guys! I'm here to share three super easy Christmas decor DIYs. It's super easy it only took me about 30 minutes to do all of them. Plus, it would be more fun if you make them with your kids. And it's all made out of recycled materials so I did not buy anything to make 'em.

Ok. For our first DIY... I call this Mr. Snowman Wall decor.

All we need are the following:

old cardboard/carton/used illustration boards
colored papers
shredded bond paper
glue
recycled stuff (old pen cap for the nose, used buttons for the eyes, shirt/fabric cutout for the scarf)
magazine cutouts (any picture will do as long as it's for Xmas)
double sided tape or glue gun
marker


Ok here's what you have to do...

Cut out the old cardboard to any size that you want as long as it can be covered by the colored paper that you're going to use. Here, I used a green colored paper. Cover the cardboard with the colored paper and secure all sides with glue. Then, get your shredded paper and cut them out to smaller pieces. You can also use punched paper instead. After that, draw two circles on your covered cardboard. One circle should be smaller and it would serve as the head of Mr. Snowman. Then, cover the two circles with glue and sprinkle in your shredded/punched paper. Make sure to cover all areas with glue and let it dry for a few minutes. I let mine set for 10 minutes. Then, cover it once again with glue and sprinkle in more shredded paper for added texture. Let it dry for 5 minutes. While waiting for it to dry, set your magazine cutouts. Glue them on the sides or at the bottom for added decorations. Then, using your double-sided tape attach Mr. Snowman's eyes and nose. Draw his mouth and hands using the marker. Once completely dry, attach his scarf using the double sided tape. 

2nd DIY: Gifts Wall Decor




Things you need:

Cardboard
Gift wrappers
ribbon/fabric cutout
double sided tape 
scissors
glitters

All you have to do is wrap the cardboard the way you wrap Christmas presents. For added glimmer you can use glitters or ribbons. It's super easy! You can also do this using canvasses or old boxes you are not using. 

3rd DIY: Magazine Christmas Tree


Old magazines
Christmas ornaments
ribbons

I have learned this super easy Christmas decor from Kidspot. And it's so cute...try making one too. Check their tutorial here. I just added the flower ornament and the ribbon for more a Christmas feel.



And while me and my family are preparing for Christmas I tried out my skills on sewing. I am learning how to use the automatic sewing machine that we had. Luckily, I made my very first pillow case and it look so good. I only used excess fabric from my mom's patterns and it turned out great. 


Try these super easy DIY Christmas Decors now! Happy Holidays!! Merry Christmas everyone!


You May Also Like

0 check comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...