New Year's EVE snack

by - Tuesday, January 01, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

Hey, how was the fireworks??

We celebrated New Year's Eve with no fireworks and no alcohol at all. Me and my family just had a simple midnight snack to welcome the year but it's all loud and fun. We ate what me and my sis had cooked on the kitchen. A little DIY cooking session with my sister and my mom before the year ends.


Our humble New Year's Eve snack to start the year right!


I made these Hawaiian Pizza Pandesal without using the oven toaster. To save electricity we just used the stove and heat the bread on the pan. I think it looks delicious and it really is, like the regular Hawaiian pizzas. How do I made these? Check out the recipe here.




On the other hand, my sister cooked her very own Macaroni spaghetti. It tastes good as well with lots of sauce and cheese. She didn't use any meat, just a few slice of premium ham to add a little flavor. 

And then, we had "pancit bihon", "suman", graham balls (that looks like p**p but tastes really good) and of course, the traditional twelve round fruits: apple, ponkan, tangerines, chico, star apple, guyabano, pineapple, calamansi, grapes, mangoes, pears and bananas(that isn't round). Here in the Philippines, the twelve round fruits symbolizes good luck for the new year. I hope that's true! 

Aside from those, I also made two desserts to spiced up the evening. I made a Banoffee pie and a Crema de fruta. I'll share with you how I made these super easy desserts on my upcoming posts.


A no-bake banoffee pie for my sweets-lover family. 



And Crema de fruta using graham crackers and fruit cocktail.


And that was how we filled our stomachs on the eve of January 01, 2013. I certainly hope that this year would be better. Last year was not really good. I wish that everything would be great this year especially when it comes to health matters. Also, I need to have more motivations this year because I had a lot of things on mind that I wanted to do. I also wished that for everyone. Happy New Year again!!



Toast for a better 2013!!!!!


You May Also Like

0 check comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...