Tuesday, February 05, 2013

DIY Pop Can Tab Bracelet


This is another super easy DIY craft I made in just five minutes. It was inspired by Austen Leathers' Bracelet. Last night, I was listening to some covers on YouTube and I came upon his cover of T. Swift's "All Too Well" and he did it pretty well that I have to like his Facebook page too. While browsing his posts, I saw this bracelet on his January posts and I immediately tried it today. 











This is super easy and very Earth-friendly. Things you need are: pop can tab, yarn, scissors and a nail polish which is optional. The first thing you have to do, is make a 35-chain strap with a crochet hook or you can do it with your hands if you know how. If not, don't worry you can opt the unchained style . Make 2 pcs. of strap for both sides and tie it on the holes of the pop can tab. As simple as that, you reduced waste, you re-purpose the can tabs and you have a nice bracelet to brag about. Hope you'll enjoy making this as much as I did. 


Joined these parties:

Pretty Things Link Party @ twelveOeight





A Crafty Soiree



Happy Recycling!




Reactions:

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great way to recycle and be fashionable.

    I found you at Monday Funday and would love to have you link up at my new party, Project Inspire{d} ~ http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/02/project-inspired-link-party-week-1/

    I hope to see you there ~ have a great week!

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tutorial! I loved the outcome!
    Great post!! I included it in my post Βόλτα στη Γειτονιά #22 :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look groovy-cool!

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete